What Information we Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information , such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product(s) that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you add a note on the order or contact us directly.
Why we Need Your Information and How we Use It:
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services.We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. The only service providers that we use are those involved in delivery, for which reason we need to share your name and address.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from os after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us:
For purposes of EU data protection law, we are Tina Smith and Amanda Griffiths, trading as Saltwater Studio Pembroke, and are data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at [email protected]
In Summary, and in simple terms:
We only have access to your basic information such as name, address and e:mail address, for the purposes of fulfilling orders. We do not share this information with anyone other than for the reasons stated above.
Our website business is conducted on a PC and laptop, both of which are password protected, and we do not keep paper copies of orders.
Last updated on October 4th 2018